Great comfort food! You can use any type of bread or cheese that you want for this quick and easy breakfast. Serve with fruit and juice and/or milk for a full breakfast.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices processed American cheese
- 8 slices toasted white bread
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Crack eggs in a pan and cook to desired firmness. Just before eggs are cooked, place a slice of cheese over each egg.
- After the cheese has melted, place each egg on a toasted slice of bread. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Spread mayonnaise and ketchup on remaining slices of bread and cover eggs with bread to make 4 sandwiches. Serve warm.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice American cheese
- Crack the egg into a microwave-safe cereal bowl and whisk in the milk. Season with salt and pepper. Cook in the microwave on 100% power for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While the egg is cooking, toast the bread. Use a spoon to remove the cooked egg from the bowl and set it on one piece of toast. Top with a slice of cheese and the other piece of toast. Cook in the microwave until cheese is melted, about 15 seconds.
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 slice bacon, halved
- 1 egg
- Combine the ketchup and chipotle and spread on the inside of each piece of bread. Place the cheese between the bread at an angle so that the edges hangover the sides of the bread. Butter the outside of one bread slice with half the butter. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Press the sandwich on, buttered-side down. Press until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has started to melt. Butter the other side (which is facing up) with the remaining butter and flip. Cook until golden brown and the cheese is gooey, this should all take 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the sandwich from the heat and hold.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until barely crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip the bacon, pushing the two pieces next to each other to form a square. Crack the egg on top, cooking into the bacon. Continue cooking until the egg is set, about 5 minutes. Open up the sandwich (use a spoon to help pull apart the bread) and slide in the eggs and bacon. Close up, slice and enjoy.
These are three delicious fried egg sandwich recipes you will definitely love.