Lentil Soup is an authentic and tasty dish that is popular among the crowd. Lentils are the famous food of the middle east. You can easily prepare this tasty soup at home. Moreover, you can prepare as a vegetarian soup or can add meat in the recipe. It is your choice which color you want to add. The market has brown, red, and yellow colors of lentils.
Moreover, there is a choice of purchasing lentil with or without husk. All this makes your recipe different from each other. So, next time if you are preparing a bowl of lentil soup, choose your options carefully, because some will end up making your soup thick, and some are not for this purpose. You can also add different vegetables to the soup. Tomato, garlic, onions, potatoes, carrots make the soup tastier. If you want to add more flavors to the dish, then add olive oil and vinegar. Thus, the soup will get a tangy flavor. You can garnish the recipe with cream and yogurt. As compared to the western lentil soup, Indian lentil soup have flavors of rich Indian spices. Middle east lentil soul is tangier. Every region has its own taste. In Egypt, they generally believe in purring the soup before they serve.
Lentils are a good source of nutrients and proteins. Thus, the soup also has various health benefits. The soup is best for liver patients, as it includes iron and potassium in it. You can make it more healthy by making it a blend of different vegetables.
Ingredients Involved Lentil Soup
Here is a quick guide on what you need to prepare the basic Lentil soup.
- To start with, you need one-forth chopped onions.
- Olive oil is essential.
- You also need two carrots.
- The stalk is merely an important ingredient. Garlic cloves will add flavor to the dish.
- Oregano’s are the best option.
- Bay leaf is essential too.
How To Prepare Lentil Soup
- Start the soup by adding chopped onions and carrots in the pan. Cook till the vegetables become tender. Add garlic and bag leaf to the pan. Stir continuously.
- The next step is adding lentils. Now, add water and tomatoes to the dish. Leave the dish till it boils. Avoid heating the meal on a large flame. Let it cook at sim flame.
- You can also add spinach to the soup. It will have its own flavor. You can also add salt and pepper once the soup is cooked.
Latin Soup With Lemon
You can also prepare the Lentil soup with lemon in it. The process is simple. Keep the olive oil in the pan at a sim flame. Add onions to the dish till it becomes brown. Add tomato puree and add salt and chilly powder according to your taste.
Moreover, leave it on a sim flame to cook, and add chicken broth in the soup. Stir the mixture of lentils and carrot. Cook until the chicken becomes soft. Half blend the mix. Pour the soup in the bowl and sprinkle lemon juice in the soup.