If you think that there are limited options in the liquid diet choices, then surprisingly, there is a list that will give you ample choices to refresh you and keep you healthy at the same time. A liquid diet is certainly made up of fluids and foods that are normally liquid or turn to liquid at room temperature, like ice cream. The list also includes milkshakes, pudding, popsicles, and strained creamy soups. These are specially meant for those people who cannot eat solid foods as they are on a full liquid diet.
Need Of The Liquid Diet
You need to have a full liquid diet before a medical test or procedure or if you are going for certain kinds of surgery. If your physician suggests you have a liquid diet, you need to follow the diet to avoid any problems with your medical procedure or surgery. Another aspect where you need to follow a full liquid diet for some time is after you have had your stomach or intestine surgery. Another reason you need to be on this diet is when you are having trouble swallowing or chewing.
List Of Liquid Diet
If you end up having a liquid diet, then you can have the following things-
- Have lots of water. Your doctor may suggest it to you.
- You can have fruit juices, which may include nectars and juices along with the.
- You may also have Butter, margarine, oil, cream, pudding, and custard as an option in the liquid diet.
- Another in the line is Plain ice cream, sherbet, and frozen yogurt.
- Fruit ices and popsicles botherations that you can choose if you are on a liquid diet for any reason.
- Further Sugar, honey, and syrups like that are another good option.
- Soup broth, strained cream soups, other than solids, are good options.
- Further, odas, like ginger ale and Sprite, are optionsGelatin (Jell-O) is another option if you want to try.
- You may also try tea or coffee along with cream or milk, and you can take it with sugar or honey.
If you hire a dietitian, you can ask to include these foods in your full liquid diet.
- You can go for Cooked, and refined cereals, like cream of rice or oatmeal.
- You can also go for strained meats, as the ones included in baby food.
- You can also have soup with pureed potatoes.
Liquid diets do not include any kind of cheese, fruit (fresh, frozen, or canned), meat, and cereals that are hard for you. Further, do not have ice cream and frozen desserts that include solids in them or on the top, like nuts, chocolate chips.
It is true that many options in the liquid diet provide enough energy, protein, and fat. On the other hand, it does not give you enough fiber.
You may also lack certain vitamins and minerals you need while having the liquid diet; for this, your physicians will suggest the mineral and vitamins supplements to you.