The perfect egg salad sandwich recipe is only about the little tweaks along with the smart egg ratio to the other ingredients used in the recipe. This egg salad sandwich is served on garlic-rubbed toasted bread with onion, celery along with whole-grain mustard. The eggs being the soft food item always ask for a crunch when used in meals. So, for the crunch part, in this recipe, you can use celery and onions. Extra toasty brand slices of good quality also bring more structure and crunch to the egg salad sandwich recipe. Also, to not allow the bread to be soft, add some fresh lettuc leaves between thread and the egg salad.
Cook the eggs properly to make sure that they get boiled with the centres set by even being moist. Also, you can simply move the boiled eggs into the icy water after removing them from the water in which you were boiling them. The eggs will seem to be absolutely perfect.
Try This Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
The preparation time required to make this sandwich is 10 minutes along with a cooking time of 8 minutes. Let us see the ingredients and steps required to make this delicious meal.
- 6 large sized eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayo or greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup minced yellow onion
- Some lemon juice
- 2 small handfuls of lettuce
- 8 slices of toasted whole grain bread
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
Steps To Make Delicious Egg Salad – Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
- Take 6 eggs and place them in a pot and cover them with cold water by a ½ inch or so. Bring the water to a gentle boil. Turn the heat off, cover it and let it sit for exactly eight minutes. Take a big-sized bowl of iced water ready. Once the eggs are cooked, run them under ice water for three minutes or so to stop the cooking of eggs within. Crack the eggs and peel them.
- Add some mayonnaise and yogurt, the whole mustard, some salt, some pepper, onion, lemon juice, and mash all of them together using a fork. Do not overdo the same as you want to have some texture in the egg mixture. Taste the mixture and adjust the peppers according to your taste buds.
- To assemble the egg salad sandwich, rub the bread toasts with garlic and place some lettuce on one toast piece followed by topping it with egg salad mixture. Finish the process by creating a sandwich using a second piece of toasted toast. Repeat with the pending bread slices.
Your Egg Salad Sandwich is ready and you can enjoy it in your breakfast time.
People who love eggs know that they can include eggs in almost everything, from delicious fry rice to delicious sandwiches. The above given egg salad sandwich recipe is very easy and does not ask for much preparation. You can make this recipe within minutes and take the same meal to office, college or can even enjoy it as an evening snack.